Community Health LPN - Cayuga County
Licensed Practical Nurse will provide home health services under the direction of a Registered Nurse to the Rochester Regional Certified Home Health Agency (CHHA) clients per Medicare, Medicaid and NYS Department of Health (DOH) regulations. Provide superior customer service by modeling the Brand Promise and Core Values.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Lifetime - Cayuga
DEPARTMENT: Home Care
SCHEDULE: As Scheduled
- Compassionate, warm and patient focused
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment
- Exceptional documentation skills and professional behavior
- Graduate from an accredited School of Practical Nursing
- Completes accurately and timely all documentation of assigned clients’ care per Federal and State regulatory standards.
- Participates in the CHHA Service Education Program. Maintains updated knowledge base of community health practice and community resources.
- Participates in the holiday/evening/weekend rotation.
- Observes and documents signs and symptoms related to patient’s health status and changes in their condition and reports this to the registered nurse. Obtains the registered nurse’s assessment and signature on all assigned patients.
- Contributes to the identification of basic physical, emotional and cultural needs of the patient through observations and interactions.
- Provides routine nursing services, information and education to patients during routine care.
- Collaborates with the appropriate registered nurse to revise care plans when the patient’s needs are not being met or have changed.
- Maintains clinical competency.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS BLS - Basic Life Support - American Heart Association (AHA); LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse - New York State Education Department (NYSED)