Social Worker - Cayuga County
This position is responsible for the delivery of social work services to identified home care clients. The Social Worker provides support and counseling to referred clients and facilitates financial and long-term care planning, as needed. The Social Worker is responsible for communicating with health care team and documenting all care activities.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Lifetime - Cayuga County
DEPARTMENT: Home Care
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, Days
Bachelor’s Degree in health related field with a minimum two years related experience.
Home visiting experience preferred
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Compassionate, warm and patient focused
• Interprets to the home health team the social factors in the patient situation that may have bearing on his/her progress.
• Helps patient and family understand and accept the illness and to anticipate its accompanying adjustments.
• Coordinates resources to alleviate the financial impact of illness and assists patient and family in planning for payment of medical care.
• Determines the need for continued social work service and draws upon other community agencies that can further assist the patient and family.
• If necessary, assists with alternative planning for patients using appropriate community resources.
• Assist with discharge planning from Lifetime Care program(s).
• Serves as liaison with social work departments and other health and social agencies in the community.
• Keeps social work staff informed of community and agency issues.