Clerical duties that include scheduling of patients, assisting staff of cardiac services, and assisting the Director in maintaining department work schedule. Assists in maintenance of computer program development, updates and changes.
STATUS: Part Time (22.5 Hours)
LOCATION: United Memorial Medical Center - North Street Campus
DEPARTMENT: Non-Invasive Cardiology and Pulmonary Medicine
- High School Diploma or GED, knowledge of Medical Terminology, computer knowledge preferred & Associates degree in secretarial or office technology preferred. Has ability to read, write and speak English.
- Previous coordinating experience & one to three years office experience preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Good interpersonal skills and ability to deal with all levels of staff within the organization and community under varied conditions. Ability to sort and file alphabetically or numerically. Ability to operate a variety of general office equipment and computer. Efficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications preferred
- Coordinates the schedule of patients for echo and stress testing labs
- Assists the Director in maintaining staff schedule and timekeeper
- Prepares monthly statistical records and assists with quality assurance and appropriateness of care reports
- Clearly and accurately records patient information into appropriate records, maintaining confidentiality at all times. Inputs charges and other pertinent information.
- Maintains computer program and assists with updates as needed under the direction of Information Services department.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS S - Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.