Certified Nurse Midwife - Batavia
As a Midwife, your superior ability to self-manage and stay organized, paired with your compassion and empathy greatly help you deliver care to women in various stages of childbirth and provide counsel in well-woman healthcare.
STATUS: Full Time
DEPARTMENT: Midwifery Obstetrics and Gynecology
SCHEDULE: As Scheduled
- Ability to function completely in all areas of nurse-midwifery practice; interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirement, relative to age specific needs; covered by malpractice in all sites of clinical practice
- One (1) to two (2) years of clinical experience in a related practice preferred, however will consider a highly motivated new graduate
- Strong analytical, computer and communication skills
- Antepartum Care. Teach, counsel and support; perform physical examinations and assess information to identify each woman’s plan of care relative to her age-specific needs
- Intrapartum Care. Teach and support women in labor; review records and perform physical examinations; perform a variety of labor-related procedures; interpret information and record data during the labor and birth; complete birth certificate
- Postpartum Care. Assess emotional and physical status; teach and counsel in regard to multiple health issues such as nursing, parenting, postpartum physical changes, health maintenance and family planning
- Newborn Care. Institute emergency care for the newborn, including resuscitation and intubation; perform and record complete assessment of newborn in or out of hospital setting
- Well-Woman Healthcare. Provide routine well-woman healthcare to women of a variety of ages and stages in life; evaluate and treat minor gynecological problems; counsel clients regarding health issues, such as breast self-exam, cardiovascular risk and health maintenance
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS CNM - Certified Nurse-Midwife - American Midwifery Certification Board (AMCB); LMW - Licensed Midwife NYS - New York State Education Department (NYSED)