Clinical Laboratory Technologist Intern - Batavia
Until NYS license is issued: Performs the duties of a MT/MLT New Graduate. Participates in continuous quality improvement activities and educational experiences in support of departmental philosophy and objectives, as well as, initiatives, performs the duties of a Laboratory Phlebotomist, Specimen Management Technologist.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: United Memorial Medical Center, Batavia
SCHEDULE: Evening or Night Available.
- Compassionate, warm and patient focused
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Exceptional documentation skills and professional behavior
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Performs venipuncture and capillary draws to obtain patient blood specimens. Assist in providing patient care. Participates in continuous quality improvement activities and educational experiences in support of departmental philosophy and objectives, as well as, initiatives. Skillfully performs venipuncture and/or capillary draws utilizing appropriate infection control and patient safety protocols at all times.
- Collects and receives laboratory specimens, making sure that all specimens are meticulously identified, logged, and labeled correctly. Conscientiously follows two-step patient identifier policies related to specimen collection. Becomes proficient in specimen management section of the laboratory. Assists in procedure writing.
- Dependably maintains phlebotomy and specimen collection supplies in the phlebotomy rooms and on the phlebotomy trays, assuring all supplies are stored in an orderly manner.
- Receives, prepares and processes specimens utilizing appropriate equipment and following established infection control and safety procedures. Maintains a neat, clean, and safe work environment at all times.
- Professionally and promptly responds to customer concerns, requests, or complaints ensuring timely resolution and adequate satisfaction.
- Participates in skills validation process and departmental competency assessment.
- Actively assists in laboratory office operations as requested, and during the lab secretary breaks and/or time off.
- Maintains a safe, clean and organized work area at all times.
- Once New York State license is received or can be verified online, will assume the duties of a medical technologist/technician.
- Assists in laboratory quality
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS CLT - Clinical Laboratory Technologist - New York State Education Department (NYSED)