Clinical Nursing Assistant
STATUS: Full Time & Part Time
LOCATION: United Memorial Medical Center - North Street
DEPARTMENT: Multiple Units
SCHEDULE: As Needed
Minimum Qualifications/Education/Training: High School Diploma or GED preferred. Certified Nursing assistant preferred.
Experience/Skills/Abilities: Successful completion of annual clinical, age and job specific competencies and skill verification tools required. Good interpersonal, organizational and decision-making skills required. Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing. Computer experience helpful. Basic arithmetic skills required.
1. Under the direction of a RN, PA or MD provides patient care, utilizing proper technique and assisting patients when necessary. Incorporates age-specific, cultural and spiritual needs of the patient and significant other(s.)
2. Provides the RN, PA and MD with accurate information regarding patient needs and status in a timely manner.
3. Clearly and accurately documents and records observed patient information and care provided, maintaining patient confidentiality at all times.
4. Implements and assists with physical therapy functions including, lifting, transferring, turning and positioning of patients utilizing proper body mechanics.
5. Obtains patient specimens and accurately records information according to department policies and procedures.
a. Answering phone, greeting customers, route calls to appropriate staff, schedule patient appointments.
b. Obtaining insurance information from customers, obtaining insurance verification for services.
c. Coordinating Patient Ancillary Testing with other hospital departments.
d. Entering patient charges and verifying charges, reconciling charges as directed.
e. Assembling new patient charts, maintaining and filing existing patient charts, “spot checking” charts for data completeness and signatures.
f. Data entry into proprietary database and data entry into hospital data systems (patient registration) as directed.
g. Auditing data entry and generate reports as directed.
h. Maintaining office equipment and office supplies, (ordering as appropriate).
i. Communicating with payors and must consistently document the outcome.
j. Listening to customer concerns and needs and directing customer to a satisfactory outcome.
7. Fulfills/maintains certification/hospital requirements.
a. Maintains all requirements for certifications.
b. Maintains all hospital and unit based competencies
c. Up holds the UMMC Standards of Behavior
d. Supports the multidisciplinary team approach.
e. Abides by all hospital-approved policies, laws and regulatory agencies.
8. Encourages an environment that optimizes patient and environmental safety and in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and compliance effort.
a. Identifies potential and actual patient safety risks.
b. Operates and maintains equipment utilizing proper procedures, established policies, reporting of malfunctioning equipment.
c. Communicates issues of concern and safety in a timely, appropriate manner.
d. Must be able to transport patients within the hospital and at discharge
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.