Medical Technologist-Senior ( Sign on bonus up to $10,000)
As a Medical Technologist, you play a key role in supporting patient safety and high quality clinical outcomes through precise specimen analysis, reporting and troubleshooting.
STATUS: Part Time
LOCATION: United Medical Memorial Center
- BS in Medical Technology or BS in a related Science (Biology, Chemistry, or The Physical Sciences) and/or equivalent relevant experience as recognized by New York State Department of Education for licensure as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist. (NYS Dept of Education, Education Law, Title 8, Article 165, sub-parts 79-15; 9/23/8).
- Previous experience in a Clinical or Pathology Laboratory a benefit, but not required.
- Certification by American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication and evaluation skills
- Exceptional documentation skills and attention to detail
- Analysis & Reporting. Perform precise specimen analysis and report results accurately, following established procedures; recognize deviation from expected results, analyze and correct problems using scientific principles; complete QC Action Logs, preventative maintenance logs and pending lists daily
- Training & Development. Assist with training new personnel on responsibilities in the laboratory; evaluate progress of training; make recommendations for training methods and content
- Evaluation. Continuously assess work processes and make suggestions for improved work methods and ways to increase efficiency, reduce costs and solve operational problems; monitor departmental reagent inventories
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS CLT - Clinical Laboratory Technologist - New York State Education Department (NYSED)