Nurse Practitioner - Hospitalist (Batavia)
Under the general supervision of a physician or administrator, performs medical examinations, selected diagnostic and therapeutic tasks, and other special procedures to assist in the delivery of medical services to patients.
LOCATION: United Memorial Medical Center
Department: Inpatient Medicine
SCHEDULE: 12 Hour Shifts
- Compassionate, warm and patient focused
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Exceptional documentation skills and professional behavior
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Patient Satisfaction. Interacts on a frequent, regular and daily basis with patients, family members, medical/social/public services support, regulatory agencies and/or payor agencies. Interaction and communication requires expressed empathy, understanding, problem-solving, education, information gathering, process influencing and counseling.
- Medication & Orders. Prescribe medication, write orders, perform procedures and respond to emergency and/or immediate condition changes of acute, critically ill patients.
- Documentation. Obtain complete, detailed and accurate patient histories, review patient records, perform physical exams, record all pertinent data to develop comprehensive medical status, diagnosis and clinical treatment plan for all assigned patients.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS NP - Nurse Practitioner Certification - New York State Education Department (NYSED); RN - Registered Nurse - New York State Education Department (NYSED)