Patient Access Specialist
As a Medical Assistant, you are a non-licensed health care provider who, under the direction and supervision of a licensed health care provider, delivers direct and indirect patient care. You play an integral role in maintaining patient well-being, and contribute to the success of patients, physicians and licensed health care providers.
STATUS: Full Time (40 Hours)
LOCATION: United Memorial Medical Center - Pain Center
- Medical Assistant Certification or medical assistant experience preferred
- Strong customer service, computer, and communication skills
- Bilingual preferred
- Patient Care & Physician Assistance. Room patients in a timely fashion, complete patient work-up, obtain vital signs, assist physicians with procedures; manage physician orders and complete appropriate forms/requests; report issues to a licensed staff member when necessary
- Maintenance. Ensure treatment rooms are stocked as needed; update and maintain patients’ e-record
- Compliance. Adhere to required department and system protocols, HIPAA regulations and local, state and federal requirements
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS S - Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS BLS - Basic Life Support - American Heart Association (AHA)