Patient Care Technician - New Team Based Care Opportunity!
HOW WE CARE FOR YOU
- Shift Differentials
- Same Day Pay through DailyPay
- Advancement Opportunities
- Benefits Effective Date of Hire
- Tuition & Loan Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Weekend Program w/ $3.00 Per Hour Add On
- Free Parking
Provides direct or indirect patient care in accordance with treatment plans as determined/delegated by a licensed nurse or RN. Assists with tasks necessary for the general management and organization of the patient care unit, being flexible meeting patient and/or unit needs. Key responsibilities include provide participating as a member of the care delivery team, providing safe and competent care for patients with relationship to nutritional, skin integrity, elimination & hygiene needs including bathing, grooming and changing bed linens. PCTs may also take patient vital signs including temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure and pain level.
STATUS: Full Time / Part Time
LOCATION: United Memorial Medical Center
DEPARTMENT: Various - Inpatient
SCHEDULE: Evening/Night, every other Weekend/Holiday
**NO DAY SHIFT CURRENTLY**
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL:
United Memorial has been serving residents of Genesee County and surrounding rural communities since its inception as Batavia Hospital in 1902. Today, United Memorial Medical Center represents more than 900 employees, all committed to providing patients with personalized, comprehensive, and state-of-the-art care. United Memorial is a designated New York State Stroke Center, providing a full range of care services to meet its patients' needs. The 131-bed facility includes a state-of-the-art surgical department, a wound care center, urgent care, maternity services, and a Joint Replacement Center of Excellence - along with a number of primary and specialty physician offices. United Memorial Medical Center is proud to manage the New York State Cancer Services Partnership Grant for Orleans and Genesee Counties.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION:
- Magnet Designated Hospital
- DNV Accredited Site
- New York State-designated Stroke Center
- Baby Friendly USA
- Blue Distinction Maternity
- Silver Level Beacon Award Winner (ICU)
ABOUT THE TEAM BASED CARE MODEL:
Rochester Regional Health is transforming the way we care. Our new Care Delivery Model in our medical & surgical acute care units enhances the team based care approach. Elevating the great care we provide. Unlike the traditional Nurse to Patient ratios; our Care Delivery Model ensures that for every 10 patients, we have a team dedicated.
Our dedicated team consists of a Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse and Patient Care Technician supported from Pharmacy and Food & Nutrition Services. The new model enhances the way we deliver care – and the way we care for our team members. The team based approach balances the workload across the dedicated team ensuring you feel the support you need to do great work.
- Completion of one of the following is strongly preferred: Nursing Fundamentals, Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification -OR- one (1) year experience as a medical assistant/technician in a health-related facility
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Compassionate, warm and patient focused
- Patient Care & Service. Provide direct patient care & indirect activities to facilitate unit functioning; provide safe and competent care for patients with relationship to nutritional, skin integrity, elimination & hygiene needs; take patient vital signs; ensure equipment and all facilities are clean and stocked with appropriate supplies
- Admission & Transfer of Patients. Assist with admission, discharge and transfer of patients
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
Pay Range $17.00 - $18.50
The listed base pay range is a good faith representation of current potential base pay for successful applicants. It may be modified in the future. Pay is determined by factors including experience, relevant qualifications, specialty, internal equity, location, and contracts.