Phlebotomist (Per Diem) - UMMC - Batavia
Performs venipuncture and capillary draws to obtain patient blood specimens. Assist in providing patient care. Participates in continuous quality improvement activities and educational experiences in support of departmental philosophy and objectives, as well as, initiatives.
Reports To: Phlebotomy Coordinator and Laboratory Administrative Director
STATUS: Per Diem/As Needed
LOCATION: United Memorial Medical Center, Batavia
- Compassionate, warm and patient focused
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Exceptional documentation skills and professional behavior
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Skillfully performs venipuncture and/or capillary draws utilizing appropriate infection control and patient safety protocols at all times.
- Collects and receives laboratory specimens, making sure that all specimens meticulously identified, logged, and labeled correctly. Conscientiously follows two-step patient identifier policies related to specimen collection.
- Dependably maintains phlebotomy and specimen collection supplies in the phlebotomy rooms and on the phlebotomy trays, assuring all supplies are stored in an orderly manner.
- Receives, prepares and processes specimens utilizing appropriate equipment and following established infection control and safety procedures. Maintains a neat, clean, and safe work environment at all times.
- Professionally and promptly responds to customer concerns, requests, or complaints ensuring timely resolution and adequate satisfaction.
- Participates in skills validation process and departmental competency assessment.
- Actively assists in laboratory office operations as requested, and during the lab secretary breaks and/or time off.
- Performs EKG’s and patient registration process as required.