Sonographer (Part Time) | United Memorial Medical Center
As a Sonographer, you play an important part in high quality imaging exams needed to deliver quality care to our patients.
STATUS: Part Time (30 hours/week)
LOCATION: UMMC - Jerome Center & UMMC - North Street Campus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Ultrasound preferred or an equivalent combination of education (Certificate Program) and healthcare related work
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) certification required (within 6 months of graduation from an accredited program, within 1 year of graduation from a non-accredited program).
- Ultrasound Scans. Perform abdominal, vascular, OB/GYN and/or transcranial Doppler ultrasound scans; produce ultrasound images and obtain all required measurements; assist attending physicians with invasive procedures under sonographic guidance
- Documentation. Note performance of scans in patient charts and complete preliminary reporting; phone preliminary reports in to doctor’s offices or nursing floors at the request of the Radiologist
- Room Preparation. Clean, stock and prepare room daily
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS RDMS - Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer - American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)