Cardiac Sonographer - Clifton Springs Hospital (Inpatient & Outpatient)
As a Cardiac Sonographer, your kind, patient focused attitude and proven experience in echocardiography leads to critical discovery, diagnosis and treatment.
LOCATION: Clifton Springs Hospital (Inpatient & Outpatient)
DEPARTMENT: Non-Invasive Cardiology
SCHEDULE: M-F; Days (No Call)
- Two (2) to four (4) year college degree in health-related imaging (ultrasound, radiology) preferred
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience as a Registered Sonographer preferred
- Superior customer service and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Patient Care. Explain procedure with instructions, to insure patient cooperation, patient safety and optimal results; assist patient during transfer from wheelchair, stretcher or bed to exam table; provide individualized patient care (i.e. request interpreter, ambulation, toileting, etc.) as needed
- Imaging. Review patient chart and history; utilize imaging protocols and standards; enter patient demographics on ultrasound machine; utilize proper patient positioning techniques to obtain optimal image quality; obtain all measurements required for study; end and transfer study to cardiology PACS; access preliminary diagnostic report and formulate an initial interpretation for the reading cardiologist
- Documentation. Record time of critical finding and time which cardiologist was notified; documentation may include patient’s EMR/progress notes, documented and signed procedure performed, date and time completed; record procedure information in appropriate procedure logs, used to gather information for echocardiography QA/QI
- Equipment Management. Clean equipment after each procedure with approved cleaning products; report equipment failures to supervisory staff as needed; contact BioMedical Engineering and/or manufacturer’s service representative, as directed
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.