The Development Officer is responsible for identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gift prospects and donors to Rochester Regional Health. The Development Officer will effectively manage a major gift pipeline for Rochester Regional Health Clinical Departments/Service Lines.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: The Eastern Region
DEPARTMENT: The Foundation
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 2 to 5 years sales and/or fundraising experience required
- Must be available to support Foundation events that occasionally occur on weeknights and weekends
- Manage a portfolio of major gift prospects and donors to maximize their philanthropic contributions
- Consistently utilize Raiser’s Edge to document all activities, including written strategies, actions and proposals.
- Manage activities to ensure achievement of annual metrics for visits, gifts and revenue.
- Work closely with clinical teams and leadership at RRH to align fundraising efforts to maximize impact.
- Write and assist in the drafting of major gift proposals
- Ensure that all fundraising activities with patients are compliant with all state and federal HIPAA privacy regulations.
- Support the RRH rounding program (Friends of the Foundation) for respective departments/service lines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS S - Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.