Recreation Aide I or II
As a Recreation Aide, your ability to plan and develop activities based on observations and communication with residents leads to a personalized and enjoyable experience for all.
STATUS: Part Time
LOCATION: Clifton Springs Nursing Home
SCHEDULE: flexible, 20 hrs./week, some weekends/evenings
- Experience in the field of geriatrics or activity programming preferred, new graduates will be considered.
- First Aid, CPR Certified preferred, CNA experience a plus
- Strong analytical, computer and communication skills
- Excellent leadership ability
- Ability to work independently in a 1:1 setting with residents who reside on the vent unit of this facility
- Activity Development. Lead individualized therapeutic recreation programs according to monthly calendar and staffing schedule; offer programs in accordance with resident needs, interests, abilities and limitations; maintain up to date records of resident’s attendance and participation in programs; invite and escort residents to programs
- General Management. Perform daily/weekly/monthly duties of: newspaper, birthday and calendar deliveries; manage program/department spaces and equipment set up/clean up, etc.; purchase, maintain and gather equipment and supplies
- Leadership. Train and supervise students and volunteers as appropriate; communicate with residents, staff, volunteers and family members
•Associates degree with a major in Therapeutic Recreation or Human Services is preferred.
•High School Diploma required.
•Experience in the field of geriatrics or activity programming is preferred, however, will consider a new graduate.
•Strong analytical, computer and communication skills
•Ability to lead groups