Sonographer (Per Diem) | Clifton Springs Hospital
As a Sonographer, you play an important part in high quality imaging exams needed to deliver quality care to our patients.
STATUS: Per Diem
LOCATION: Clifton Springs Hospital
SCHEDULE: Call Coverage Only (Monday - Friday, 4:30P-7A, & 24/7 Weekends)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Ultrasound preferred or an equivalent combination of education (Certificate Program) and healthcare related work.
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer certification required (within 6 months of graduation from an accredited program, within 1 year of graduation from a non-accredited program).
- Compassionate, warm and patient focused
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional documentation skills and professional behavior
- Ultrasound Scans. Perform abdominal, vascular, OB/GYN and/or transcranial Doppler ultrasound scans; produce ultrasound images and obtain all required measurements; assist attending physicians with invasive procedures under sonographic guidance
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action
- Documentation. Note performance of scans in patient charts and complete preliminary reporting; phone preliminary reports in to doctor’s offices or nursing floors at the request of the Radiologist
- Room Preparation. Clean, stock and prepare room daily
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS RDMS - Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer - American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)