Social Worker LMSW - Outpatient
As a Social Worker, you play an important and trusted role in the lives of patients and their family. You are an integral part of their care and recovery.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Finger Lakes Medical Associates - Geneva & Riedman Campus
DEPARTMENT: Social Work
- One (1) to three (3) years of social work experience in a health or home care setting
- Master’s Degree in Social Work required.
- Compassionate, warm and patient focused
- Exceptional documentation and planning skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Patient Care. Determine patient and family needs related to social supports, financial support or counseling, housing appropriateness, transportation and psychological supports; coordinate multidisciplinary and agency case conferences; work with care managers to advocate for patient/family to obtain approval for insurance coverage; coordinate admission for all patients in need of dialysis
- Emergency Assistance. Intervene in crisis and attend to needs of patient/family related to illness, disability, deterioration of independence, etc.
- Referral Management. Manage referrals related to patients at risk and determine appropriate intervention strategies and document as implemented; ensure inappropriate referrals are channeled correctly and documented
- Treatment Plan Development. Coordinate assessments and develop care plan in accordance with accepted social work policy; implement plan of intervention preparatory to discharge or initiate continued care plan
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS LMSW - Licensed Master Social Worker - New York State Education Department (NYSED)