Inter-Facility Float Registered Nurse - OR
Gouverneur, New York
At Rochester Regional Health, we know that delivering the best care means empowering nurses throughout every stage of their career. We’ve created a unique environment that fosters professional development and personal growth for our team members including a clinical ladder, competitive pay and benefits, and support for continuing education. It’s our way of investing in those who care.
The registered nurse provides assessment, care planning and direct delivery of treatment utilizing professional nursing care processes in a patient and family centered manner in accordance with licensure and regulatory scope and standards, and established hospital policies, procedures and protocols.
SCHEDULE: 8hr; Variable Shift
- Up to a $5,000 sign-on bonus
- Required:Associate's degree of an accredited nursing program
- Required:Current, unrestricted New York State registered professional nursing license
- Preferred:BSN from an accredited nursing program
- The conditions of the Float RN position include floating to a neighboring unit or facility when a need is identified. This includes floating to Canton Potsdam, Massena, and Gouverneur Hospitals. Orientation at neighboring facilities will be provided as well as enhanced compensation and mileage reimbursement where applicable.
- Performs a comprehensive patient assessment to identify patient and family needs
- Develops and implements a comprehensive plan of care involving the patient and the family.
- Performs and documents direct patient and family centered care and patient education according to nursing standards of practice
- Identifies and responds to patient conditions to achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Performs discharge planning to ensure safe and appropriate transition of care.
- Directs and delegates care provided by unlicensed team members
- Provides world class customer service to patients and families.
- RN - Registered Nurse - New York State Education Department (NYSED); BLS - Basic Life Support - American Heart Association (AHA)
Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Helping you succeed
Discover all the ways Rochester Regional Health supports your professional development and personal growth.
Nurses who advance on our clinical ladder receive a promotion at the bedside through growth in their skillset, a new title and monetary recognition up to $3.00/hour
Rapid Pay Increases
Receive rapid pay increases every six months during the first two years of employment, and annual increases thereafter.
Nurses earn up to an additional $1.00/hour for each certification earned plus a $1,000 bonus for the first certification earned, and $500 for the second certification.
I began my healthcare career as a patient care technician while working towards my BSN. Rochester Regional Health offers a variety of opportunities for nurses, and leadership empowers us to fine-tune our interests and passions, while developing a strong clinical practice.Megan Murphy, MSN, RN, BSN Nurse Educator
I am very impressed with the focus and investment on education and professional development that’s being developed and implemented at RRH. Investing in staff is what distinguishes a good organization from a great one and I’m happy to see that RRH is working hard to distinguish itself as a great regional employer.Benjamin C. Snyder, RN, BSN Nurse Manager
Rochester Regional Health has been very supportive and inviting of any opportunities that I’ve wanted to explore. The opportunities for growth are truly unlimited. As the chair of the Clinical Ladder Committee, I’ve seen first-hand how many nurses take advantage of this and explore opportunities for their own growth and advancement.Kaitlin Costello, RN, BSN, CEN, TCRNClinical Nurse Leader
Find Your Way
At Rochester Regional Health, empowering our nurses as they build their careers is our top priority. If you’re looking to make a change, learn more about how we can help you build a successful and fulfilling nursing career.
Based on your preferences and skill sets, you’ll have the opportunity to pursue the nursing career path that interests you most.
Deepen your knowledge as a specialist within the expansive specialty unit that you are most passionate about, including:
- Acute Medicine
- Critical Care
Kaitlin Costello, RN, BSN, CEN, TCRNClinical Nurse Leader
Help others broaden their skills and proficiencies as a:
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Clinical Resource Nurse
- Nurse Educator
Megan Murphy, MSN, RN, BSN Nurse Educator
Lead the way for other nurses with positions that include:
- Charge Nurse
- Clinical Nurse Leader
- Nurse Manager
- Nurse Director
- Associate CNO
Kristen Oppet, RN, BS, MSHA Vice President, Chief Nursing Officer
Take care of every person at every level by joining departments that require your expertise including:
- Call Center
- Care Management
- Clinical Informatics
- Infection Prevention
- Nurse Recruitment (HR)
- Patient Safety & Quality
- Performance Improvement
- Utilization Review