Systems Analyst - Drug Scan
the Systems Analyst is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating user needs to create system solutions, assists in the evaluating, monitoring, maintenance, troubleshooting, and support of electronic ordering systems or equivalent platforms, Partners with sales and lab to coordinate and support EMR Integration projects, Researches problems, plans solutions, recommends software and systems, and coordinates development to meet lab and other business requirements.
- Plan and execute the interface component for EMR interface projects, manage integration resources, and assist in launching the interface; track and manage integration related issues and ricks while maintaining integration scope.
- Provide insight to key stakeholders on budgetary impact of EMR.
- Lead status meetings and provide reports to management and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with EMR vendors, clients, and interface teams to ensure delivery of interface projects.
- Design, evaluate, enhance, and maintain Drugscan’s electronic ordering application (eReq), including data migrations.
- Liaise between clients, internal stakeholders, and vendors to gather and document requirements for eReq system.
- Provide training materials and deliver eReq training to internal sales, IT, and external staff.
- Support clients and troubleshoot EMR and eReq issues.
- Elicit and document functional user requirements for process and system changes.
- Coordinate application installation and user acceptance testing before changes being moved to production to ensure integrity and quality of data.
- Provide validation and testing support during system enhancements.
- Maintain documentation on business application security roles and permissions and coordinate changes to user system access.
- Work with quality team to conduct periodic reviews of role assignments and system controls for eReq and other systems in scope.
- Provide production support for Apollo LIMS and team members as assigned.
- Troubleshoot system problems within the lab and associated business applications by analyzing system configuration settings, process logs, and related transaction data.
- Provide on-call support, investigate and resolve problems, provide timely follow up, and communication to the team on resolution measures.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the tools specific to the primary solution areas assigned and seize opportunities to share knowledge and experiences with others.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor/management.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology, Information Systems, STEM field, Healthcare Administration, or healthcare related field required
- 2+ years of relevant experience working as a systems or business systems analyst or testing analyst in a clinical lab or related healthcare setting.
Required Licensure/ Certification Skills:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS L - Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly; requires occasional walking, standing or squatting.