Clinic Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Massena, New York
At Rochester Regional Health, we know that delivering the best care means empowering nurses throughout every stage of their career. We’ve created a unique environment that fosters professional development and personal growth for our team members including a clinical ladder, competitive pay and benefits, and support for continuing education. It’s our way of investing in those who care.
Observes, reports and documents patient's physical, emotional and mental symptoms, conditions and reaction; participates in conferences about patients' conditions and care plans and provides information used in evaluating and revising such plans. Helps provide for the emotional and physical comfort and safety of patients. Assists patients to adjust to their hospitalization.
SCHEDULE:8hr Day Shifts
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible scheduling
- Advancement opportunities
- Employee Referral Program
- Graduation from an approved school of practical/vocational nursing (or its equivalent).Current New York State licensure or permit to practice as licensed practical nurse.
- Must be able to perform and record effectively a wide variety of technical patient care procedures such as catheterizations, obtaining vital signs, and changing dressings.
- Must possess interpersonal skills sufficient to interact effectively (up to 80% of work time) with sick and/or irritable patients in order to gain their cooperation and allay apprehensions.
- BLS required.
Under the supervision of a registered nurse, the licensed practical nurse:
- Performs nursing duties using standard procedures
- Assists physicians with examinations treatments, tests and dressings.
- Administers pre-calculated or unit dose medications with the exceptions of intravenous medications and Gamulin May give Control Drugs.
- Maintains or discontinues intravenous infusions. May add I.V. bottle without medication to an existing infusion.
- Recognizes and takes immediate and appropriate steps to alleviate conditions of shock, respiratory distress, fainting and/or hemorrhage.
- Assists in patient rehabilitation; encourages use of purposeful activities required in daily living; diversional activities; normal range of motion exercises; applies principles of body mechanics and assures proper body alignment; assists patient and family to seek help available through various community services.
- Accepts reassignments to other nursing units as needed.
Performs basic treatments and procedures including the following:
- Administers nasogastric feedings, gastrostomy feeds, enemas, douches, perineal care, soaks.
- Applies ace bandages, elastic stockings, compresses and simple dressings, Aqua-K pads, ice bags.
- Gives baths, oral hygiene, shampoos, back rubs. Shaves patients.
- Passes, collects, empties equipment such as bedpans, urinals, gastric drainage and suction bottles.
- Obtains and applies bed cradles, eggcrate mattresses.
- Inserts and irrigates catheters. Irrigates colostomies.
- Collects specimens such as urine, stool, and sputum. Measures and records intake output.
- Takes and record weights, temperatures, pulses, respirations and blood pressures.
- Positions, lifts, transfers, and transports patients.
- Cares for patients in isolation, casts, and traction. Cares for patients receiving radiation therapy. Utilizes equipment such as bed/chair scales, Hoyer lift.
Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Helping you succeed
Discover all the ways Rochester Regional Health supports your professional development and personal growth.
Nurses who advance on our clinical ladder receive a promotion at the bedside through growth in their skillset, a new title and monetary recognition up to $3.00/hour
Rapid Pay Increases
Receive rapid pay increases every six months during the first two years of employment, and annual increases thereafter.
Nurses earn up to an additional $1.00/hour for each certification earned plus a $1,000 bonus for the first certification earned, and $500 for the second certification.
I began my healthcare career as a patient care technician while working towards my BSN. Rochester Regional Health offers a variety of opportunities for nurses, and leadership empowers us to fine-tune our interests and passions, while developing a strong clinical practice.Megan Murphy, MSN, RN, BSN Nurse Educator
I am very impressed with the focus and investment on education and professional development that’s being developed and implemented at RRH. Investing in staff is what distinguishes a good organization from a great one and I’m happy to see that RRH is working hard to distinguish itself as a great regional employer.Benjamin C. Snyder, RN, BSN Nurse Manager
Rochester Regional Health has been very supportive and inviting of any opportunities that I’ve wanted to explore. The opportunities for growth are truly unlimited. As the chair of the Clinical Ladder Committee, I’ve seen first-hand how many nurses take advantage of this and explore opportunities for their own growth and advancement.Kaitlin Costello, RN, BSN, CEN, TCRNClinical Nurse Leader
Find Your Way
At Rochester Regional Health, empowering our nurses as they build their careers is our top priority. If you’re looking to make a change, learn more about how we can help you build a successful and fulfilling nursing career.
Based on your preferences and skill sets, you’ll have the opportunity to pursue the nursing career path that interests you most.
Deepen your knowledge as a specialist within the expansive specialty unit that you are most passionate about, including:
- Acute Medicine
- Critical Care
Kaitlin Costello, RN, BSN, CEN, TCRNClinical Nurse Leader
Help others broaden their skills and proficiencies as a:
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Clinical Resource Nurse
- Nurse Educator
Megan Murphy, MSN, RN, BSN Nurse Educator
Lead the way for other nurses with positions that include:
- Charge Nurse
- Clinical Nurse Leader
- Nurse Manager
- Nurse Director
- Associate CNO
Kristen Oppet, RN, BS, MSHA Vice President, Chief Nursing Officer
Take care of every person at every level by joining departments that require your expertise including:
- Call Center
- Care Management
- Clinical Informatics
- Infection Prevention
- Nurse Recruitment (HR)
- Patient Safety & Quality
- Performance Improvement
- Utilization Review