HOW WE CARE FOR YOU
At St. Lawrence Health, we are dedicated to getting health care right. Our robust benefits and total rewards foster employee wellbeing, professional development and personal growth. We care for your career while caring for the community.
- Same Day pay through Daily Pay
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid vacation & holiday pay
- Medical, dental, vision, hearing benefits
In accordance with established policies and procedures and under the direct supervision of professional nursing staff or CPN, performs a variety of routine duties in caring for patients. Is available to other patient areas to meet patient needs.
Join the Massena Hospital (MH) team and be part of our mission to provide top-notch healthcare to our community! Massena Hospital is a vital part of our community, offering exceptional healthcare services in a welcoming and compassionate environment. We are an acute care facility with 25 beds, providing a wide range of medical, surgical, and pediatric care.
STATUS: Part Time
LOCATION: Massena Hospital
SCHEDULE: 8 Hour Day/Evening Variable Shifts
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Previous hospital experience is an asset.
- CPR and competency skills annually.
- BCLS is an asset.
- Certified Geriatric or Nursing Assistant Certificate required.
- Performs various duties necessary to provide complete care, comfort care, and safety for assigned patients. Such duties include:
- Bathing: bed bath, shower, tub, sitz and shaving;
- Oral Hygiene: cleaning of dentures, brushing of teeth;
- Hair: combing, shampooing as necessary;
- Nails: trimming and cleaning (excluding Diabetics and Peripheral Vascular Disease patients);
- Elimination: bedpan, urinal, commode, and changes incontinent patients as needed, gives back rub; Assists patient in and out of bed;
- Assist patient with dressing and undressing;
- Changes position of patients as directed by the nurse;
- Keeps patient's environment neat, clean and safe
- Performs and records routine tasks, such as:
- Gives soap suds, fleets, fleets oil retention, tap water saline enemas;
- Collects specimens: urinary, stool, sputum as directed by the nurse.
- Measures and records oral intake on Intake & Output Work sheet;
- Measures urinary, gastric drainage and records on Intake & Output Worksheet;
- Takes and records temperature, pulse and respiration - blood pressure;
- Weighs assigned patients;
- Applies ice collar, ice bags as directed by the nurse;
- Assists patients with passive or active exercises as directed by nurse;
- Applies elastic stockings as ordered
- Assists and/or feeds patients as needed. Distributes nourishments and fresh water to patients.
- Responds to patients call lights promptly and graciously to determine patients needs and communicates required needs to appropriate personnel.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
Pay Range $15.54 - $19.75
The listed base pay range is a good faith representation of current potential base pay for successful applicants. It may be modified in the future. Pay is determined by factors including experience, relevant qualifications, specialty, internal equity, location, and contracts.