HOW WE CARE FOR YOU:
At Rochester Regional Health, we are dedicated to getting health care right. Our robust benefits and total rewards foster employee wellbeing, professional development and personal growth. We care for your career while caring for the community.
- Sign-On Bonuses up to $10,000 for Experienced RNs
- Same Day Pay through DailyPay
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Relocation Assistance
- Benefits Effective Date of Hire
- Tuition & Loan Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Free Parking
As an Infection Preventionist, your assessment and planning capabilities equip you to develop and implement infection control programs that ensure a safe environment for all.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Newark Wayne Community Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Infection Prevention
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of previous hospital nursing experience
- Strong analytical, computer and communication skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Evaluation & Identification. Conduct hospital surveillance for hospital/community acquired infections among patients and staff; monitor and evaluate patient care activities to identify methods, techniques, equipment, supplies, new products or specific procedures which may constitute an infection risk
- Data & Review. Review positive microbiology reports and selected patient charts to summarize pertinent clinical and laboratory data; prepare monthly statistical summary of hospital infections that is reviewed by the Infection Control Committee; collect and enter data necessary for JCAHO clinical indicators; examine employee infections/exposure report forms upon receipt to determine necessary follow up
- Infection Control. Assist all medical, nursing and ancillary staff in controlling the spread of infection within the hospital; identify and communicate epidemiologic variations in the level of disease and develop appropriate measures for prevention and control; notify state or county health department of specific communicable diseases within 24 hours of identification by the clinical microbiology laboratory
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS S - Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS RN - Registered Nurse - New York State Education Department (NYSED); BLS - Basic Life Support - American Heart Association (AHA)
Pay Range $70,000.00 - $95,000.00
The listed base pay range is a good faith representation of current potential base pay for successful applicants. It may be modified in the future. Pay is determined by factors including experience, relevant qualifications, specialty, internal equity, location, and contracts.