Intake Coordinator - Home Care
The Intake Coordinator receives referrals from various sources (e.g. Physician offices, hospitals, etc.) and obtains requires patient information/ MD orders. The Coordinator will input this data in the agency computer and will notify the appropriate agency personnel to prepare/ schedule a home visit evaluation. The Intake Coordinator will provide superior customer service by modeling the Brand Promise and Core Values.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Lifetime - Newark Office
DEPARTMENT: Hospice and Palliative Care
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday. Two holidays per year and occasional Saturdays
- Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing.
- 4 years of clinical experience, at least one being in the home care setting.
- 1-2 years of experience in an office setting answering multiple phone lines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with an electronic medical record.
- Proficient use of Microsoft office.
- Working knowledge of Home care admission criteria/ regulations.
- Manages multiple phone calls, in a professional manner, from hospitals, physician offices or patients and family caregivers.
- Responsible for incoming inquiries and/or referrals to the Unity CHHA.
- Works in coordination with home care coordinators, and the Home and Community Based Services team to ensure a smooth transition to home care.
- Obtains all pertinent patient information from referral source/or patient to include but patient demographics, reason for referral, medical diagnosis, appropriate medical information and home setting/social information.
- Works with referral source to ensure all necessary medical information is complete and accurate, seeking out additional clinical information as required.
- Processes new referral to include but not limited to registering new patients in the computer and prepare charts as needed.
- Documents data in the electronic medical record referral area.
- Obtains required insurance information and insurance authorizations if applicable.
- Begin the process to obtain “Face to Face MD form as needed.
- Reviews specifics of new referral with the manager-Unity CHHA.
- Collects data, completes reports as assigned.
- Participates in ongoing Unity CHHA, Home and Community Based Service, and/or UHS committees or groups as assigned.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS RN - Registered Nurse - New York State Education Department (NYSED)