RN Nurse Supervisor
Newark, New York
At Rochester Regional Health, we know that delivering the best care means empowering nurses throughout every stage of their career. We’ve created a unique environment that fosters professional development and personal growth for our team members including a clinical ladder, competitive pay and benefits, and support for continuing education. It’s our way of investing in those who care.
We are seeking compassionate and respectful workers who want to shape the future of healthcare.
DeMay Living Center is a 180-bed skilled nursing facility, surrounded by uplifting views of hills, fields, and farmlands, is warm and aesthetically pleasing. The grounds offer serene spaces to sit or stroll. Yet, our many common areas and family-friendly atmosphere encourage residents to socialize, pursue hobbies, and take part in some of our many planned activities.
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible scheduling
- Tuition Assistance
- Advancement Opportunities
- Shift Differential
- Employee Referral Program
- Sign on Bonuses Available
As an Off-Shift Director of Nursing, your exceptional leadership and experience allows you to guide and evaluate care as well as supervise staff to manage patient concerns and comfort. You are a valuable resource throughout the facility.
DEPARTMENT: Long Term Care
- Minimum of two (2) years of Registered Nurse (RN) experience
- Leadership experience preferred
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, lead and prioritize effectively
- Unit Management. Provide onsite management of the facility; oversee the delivery of patient care and any issues that arise; ensure proper documentation; facilitate professional collaboration with all staff and providers; maintain a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff
- Leadership. Mentor and coach staff in clinical and behavioral events; facilitate patient flow by assisting staff in decision making; function as an inter- and intra-departmental liaison; provide guidance to unit staff in all matters related to resource availability, flexing and floating staff
- Patient Care. Round on patient and families with concerns or complaints; collaborate with staff to provide care that respects patient’s personal values and beliefs, accounting for spiritual and cultural needs; support patient and families in making informed decisions
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS BLS - Basic Life Support - American Heart Association (AHA); RN - Registered Nurse - New York State Education Department (NYSED)
Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Helping you succeed
Discover all the ways Rochester Regional Health supports your professional development and personal growth.
Nurses who advance on our clinical ladder receive a promotion at the bedside through growth in their skillset, a new title and monetary recognition up to $3.00/hour
Rapid Pay Increases
Receive rapid pay increases every six months during the first two years of employment, and annual increases thereafter.
Nurses earn up to an additional $1.00/hour for each certification earned plus a $1,000 bonus for the first certification earned, and $500 for the second certification.
I began my healthcare career as a patient care technician while working towards my BSN. Rochester Regional Health offers a variety of opportunities for nurses, and leadership empowers us to fine-tune our interests and passions, while developing a strong clinical practice.Megan Murphy, MSN, RN, BSN Nurse Educator
I am very impressed with the focus and investment on education and professional development that’s being developed and implemented at RRH. Investing in staff is what distinguishes a good organization from a great one and I’m happy to see that RRH is working hard to distinguish itself as a great regional employer.Benjamin C. Snyder, RN, BSN Nurse Manager
Rochester Regional Health has been very supportive and inviting of any opportunities that I’ve wanted to explore. The opportunities for growth are truly unlimited. As the chair of the Clinical Ladder Committee, I’ve seen first-hand how many nurses take advantage of this and explore opportunities for their own growth and advancement.Kaitlin Costello, RN, BSN, CEN, TCRNClinical Nurse Leader
Find Your Way
At Rochester Regional Health, empowering our nurses as they build their careers is our top priority. If you’re looking to make a change, learn more about how we can help you build a successful and fulfilling nursing career.
Based on your preferences and skill sets, you’ll have the opportunity to pursue the nursing career path that interests you most.
Deepen your knowledge as a specialist within the expansive specialty unit that you are most passionate about, including:
- Acute Medicine
- Critical Care
Kaitlin Costello, RN, BSN, CEN, TCRNClinical Nurse Leader
Help others broaden their skills and proficiencies as a:
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Clinical Resource Nurse
- Nurse Educator
Megan Murphy, MSN, RN, BSN Nurse Educator
Lead the way for other nurses with positions that include:
- Charge Nurse
- Clinical Nurse Leader
- Nurse Manager
- Nurse Director
- Associate CNO
Kristen Oppet, RN, BS, MSHA Vice President, Chief Nursing Officer
Take care of every person at every level by joining departments that require your expertise including:
- Call Center
- Care Management
- Clinical Informatics
- Infection Prevention
- Nurse Recruitment (HR)
- Patient Safety & Quality
- Performance Improvement
- Utilization Review