RN Case Manager - Wayne County - Up to $7,500 Sign-On Bonus!
SUMMARY The RN Case Manager is responsible for the delivery of comprehensive nursing care to a set of assigned patients at a specific point in time. This involves the assessment of patient and family needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of an appropriate Plan of Care, making changes in response to changing patient needs. The RN Case Manager identifies appropriate interdisciplinary services needed, coordinates those services and supervises Private Duty Nurses (PDN) as applicable.
NOTE We include multiple levels of classification differentiated by demonstrated knowledge, skills, and the ability to manage increasingly independent and/or complex assignments, broader responsibility, additional decision making, and in some cases, becoming a resource to others. In addition to using this differentiated approach to place new hires, it also provides guideposts for employee development and promotional opportunities.
DEPARTMENT: Home Care
SCHEDULE: As Scheduled
- Compassionate, independent ,and patient focused
- Comprehensive nursing assessments and documentation, decisive judgment and professional behavior
- Two (2) years experience in home care preferred
- Bilingual preferred
- At least one year of nursing experience
- Patient Care & Service. Develops or implements an interdisciplinary Plan of Care based on the needs identified during the assessment, with input from the patient (and their caregivers as applicable), in collaboration with the attending physician and other care team members
- Planning. Manages and coordinates patient care, including clinically complex cases, in a manner which ensures the efficient and effective delivery of appropriate services and community supports
- Communication. Communicates all changes in patient status and/or service needs to the appropriate care team member and ensures appropriate action is taken in a timely manner
- Documentation. Documents all patient care and coordinating activities per agency standards
- Compliance. Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures