Supervisor, Social Work
Provides staff supervision related to assigned areas of responsibility. Supervisor, Social Work, works closely with Practice Managers to ensure positive working relationship between social work staff and Unity Medical Group providers and staff. Adheres to policies, procedures, and established standards of professional conduct. Upholds patient rights in all settings. Provide superior customer service by modeling the organizational Brand Promise and Core Values.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Lifetime - Newark
Department: Home Care
SCHEDULE: Days, Monday - Friday
- Compassionate, warm, and patient focused
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Masters Degree in Social Work
- Five years experience in Health Care Social Work
- Experience in the Medicaid eligibility determination and enrollment process
- Valid and current licensure with New York State Department of Education in Social Work
- Provides direction in performance standards, expectations, and productivity for each staff member Develops quality indicator to measure performance and outcomes.
- Coordinates and monitors all in-reach and outreach services provided by the social work team.
- Supervises assigned social work staff. Utilizes Health System performance management guidelines to counsel staff as problems occur. Implements Unity Health System disciplinary process as necessary, consulting with Human Resources and Sr. Director.
- Selects appropriate candidates for positions, working closely with Practice Managers. Provides for orientation of new staff. Supervises and mentors staff, reviews staff performance with provider group/practice manager and completes required evaluations.
- Provide ongoing education, training, and motivation to empower all team members to deliver on Unity’s brand promise in every customer interaction.Provides social work coverage when social work staff is unavailable and provides social work consultation services to Unity Medical Group practices who are not served by social work staff.
- Processes RPCN grant and financial assistance applications for Unity Dental Group practice sites.
- Monitors internal and external referrals to identify opportunities for increased utilization of Unity Health System resources as well as address any issues that might arise during process.
- Performs other related administrative and operational duties as may be assigned.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS NYS DL - valid New York State Driver's License - New York State Department of Motor Vehicles (NYSDMV)