As a Unit Assistant, your attention to detail and excellent customer service makes you standout as a care coordinator and information resource to patients, visitors, physicians and other Rochester Regional personnel.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE SELECTED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CNA TRAINING PROGRAM BASED ON PERFORMACE IN UNIT ASSISTANT ROLE, AND YOU SUCCESSFULLY PASS CNA EXAMS, YOU ARE EXPECTED TO WORK AS A CNA IN EVENING OR NIGHT SHIFTS FOR ONE YEAR.
DeMay Living Center’s goal is to create a warm, comfortable place where our residents - whether they're here for short-term treatment or long-term elderly care - can maximize their independence and potential. Our 180-bed building, surrounded by uplifting views of hills, fields, and farmlands, is warm and aesthetically pleasing. The grounds offer serene spaces to sit or stroll. Yet, our many common areas and family-friendly atmosphere encourage residents to socialize, pursue hobbies, and take part in some of our many planned activities. DeMay Living Center was built with safety and convenience as a priority. And, because it's connected directly to the Newark-Wayne Community Hospital, residents benefit from immediate access to acute care if needed.
STATUS: Per Diem
LOCATION: DeMay Living Center
DEPARTMENT: Various Departments
SCHEDULE: Day / Evening ONLY while in Unit Assistant role
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including telephone etiquette
- Sound judgment, organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Detail- and service-oriented
- Daily Administration & Maintenance. Assist nurse in obtaining complete information on requisitions or consults; notify nurse and other departments regarding pertinent information (e.g., infection control or other precautions, allergies or similar information); participate in the orientation of new personnel to the unit; maintain office/forms/supply inventory as needed
- Patient Care. Coordinate patient/resident care activities on the unit, including admission, discharge, tests and procedures; serve as an informational resource; provide a safe and clean environment in resident rooms; assist with implementation of residents’ care plan as needed
- Documentation. Prepare/audit medical records to ensure appropriate forms are completed for patient surgery and/or special procedure