Medical Assistant - Norfolk Clinic
HOW WE CARE FOR YOU
At St. Lawrence Health, we are dedicated to getting health care right. Our robust benefits and total rewards foster employee wellbeing, professional development and personal growth. We care for your career while caring for the community.
The Medical Assistant performs a mixture of both clerical administrative medical assisting, as well as clinical medical office assisting in Primary and/or Specialty care settings. The Certified Medical Assistant works in collaboration with licensed physicians and mid-level providers (NP/PA’s), and reports to a Physician Practice Manager.
Canton-Potsdam Hospital is a warm and caring not-for-profit community healthcare facility that's certified for 94 beds. Our mission is to provide exceptional healthcare services to the community. Within our welcoming walls, you'll find a wide array of core programs in emergency medicine, acute care, hospitalist medicine, and critical care. But that's just the beginning. We're not just a hospital; we're a beacon of health and wellness in the North Country. We proudly offer outpatient health services in Brasher Falls, Canton, Colton, Gouverneur, Massena, Norfolk, and Potsdam, NY.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Norfolk Clinic
DEPARTMENT: Physician Practice Management
SCHEDULE: 8 Hour, Days
- Medical Assistant Certification required
- Strong customer service, computer, and communication skills
- Bilingual preferred
- Patient Care & Physician Assistance: Room patients in a timely fashion, complete patient work-up, obtain vital signs, assist physicians with procedures; manage physician orders and complete appropriate forms/requests; report issues to a licensed staff member when necessary
- Maintenance: Ensure treatment rooms are stocked as needed; update and maintain patients’ e-record
- Compliance: Adhere to required department and system protocols, HIPAA regulations and local, state and federal requirements
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
Pay Range $18.44 - $26.76
The listed base pay range is a good faith representation of current potential base pay for successful applicants. It may be modified in the future. Pay is determined by factors including experience, relevant qualifications, specialty, internal equity, location, and contracts.