The nurse aid works under the direct supervision of licensed nursing staff to provide direct patient care in accordance with established hospital policies, procedures and protocols.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Canton Potsdam Hospital
DEPARTMENT: MSU 2
SCHEDULE: 7.5 Hour, Evenings
- Up to a $2000 sign on bonus (new hires)
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible scheduling,
- Advancement opportunities
- Employee Referral Program
- Performs and documents direct comprehensive, family and patient centered care under the direct supervision of licensed nursing staff.
- Provides world class customer service to patients and families.
- Reports patient conditions directly to licensed nursing staff to achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Maintains a safe and clean patient and family centered environment.
- Required:Current , unrestricted New York State nurse aid certification or an unofficial transcript showing successful completion with a letter grade of B or better of a Nursing 101 course from an accredited nursing school program where activities of daily living are taught as well as the syllabus of the course provided as evidence, BLS required within three months of hire. The nurse aid is required to stay enrolled in the nursing school program while employed as a nurse aid if he or she is a not certified. If the nurse aid ceases to be a student in the nursing school program prior to graduation, the nurse aid will not be permitted to continue working until he or she becomes certified as a nurse aid in New York State. The time employee has six months to become certified or will be considered ineligible for employment and terminated.
- Preferred:New York State nurse aid certification, current BLS on hire.
- Required:No experience required.
- Preferred:Previous experience as a New York State certified nurse aid.
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, reaching, squatting, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate therapeutic equipment.
- Ability to interact with others by vision, feel, observation of verbal and non-verbal behavior, listening/hearing and verbal communication.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.