Clinic LPN - Cardio - Canton Potsdam Hospital
Potsdam, New York
At Rochester Regional Health, we know that delivering the best care means empowering nurses throughout every stage of their career. We’ve created a unique environment that fosters professional development and personal growth for our team members including a clinical ladder, competitive pay and benefits, and support for continuing education. It’s our way of investing in those who care.
The licensed practical nurse performing tasks and responsibilities within the framework of case finding, health teaching, health counseling, and provision of supportive and restorative care under the direction of a licensed health care provider.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Canton- Potsdam Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Lawrence Ave - Cardio
SCHEDULE: 8 Hour, Days
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible scheduling
- Advancement opportunities
- Employee Referral Program
- Required: Graduate of a practical nursing program. Displays knowledge of medications, their administration, and untoward effects.
- Preferred: Graduate of an accredited practical nursing program
- Required: Current, unrestricted New York State practical nursing license
- BLS certification within three months of employment
- Preferred: Not applicable
- Preferred: One year of post-licensure practice as a practical nurse
- Collects patient data to be used by the licensed health care provider in the comprehensive care of the patient. Obtains vital signs, allergies, current medications, medical history, social history, family history, and chief complaint, and documents them appropriately in the electronic medical record.
- Responsible to identify problems within the practice and communicates them to their manager. Assists in maintaining a clean and organized department to ensure a safe patient care environment. Supports all initiatives of the health care team and promotes excellence in customer service. Works with PPM team to resolve clinical issues and identify opportunities for improvement
- Participates in ad hoc projects as assigned. Collaborates with PPM team to address daily operational issues and solves problems to comply with the delivery of quality patient care. Integrates CPH mission and core values within the sites. Works in collaboration with CPH and PPM Departments as warranted.
- Performs and documents direct patient and family centered care according to nursing standards of practice. Prepares charts for the providers in order to assure that the needed information is present on each chart before the patient is seen in the office.
- Provides routine nursing care and treatment to patients under the direction of the licensed health care provider, collects specimens, performs medication reconciliation and administration, and assists providers with simple procedures. Supports and adheres to administrative and nursing service policies and procedures.
- Efficiently uses medical and clerical supplies in order to help effectively control practice expenses. Appropriately documents all treatments performed during patient encounters and adds the appropriate CPT code as required.
- Collaborates professionally with all members of the health care model in the provision of patient care. Works with PPM team to comply with all established standards required under the accreditation standards of DNV. Is knowledgeable of state and federal health care standards, as appropriate. Adheres to CPH and PPM policies, procedures, guidelines, and protocols.
Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Helping you succeed
Discover all the ways Rochester Regional Health supports your professional development and personal growth.
Nurses who advance on our clinical ladder receive a promotion at the bedside through growth in their skillset, a new title and monetary recognition up to $3.00/hour
Rapid Pay Increases
Receive rapid pay increases every six months during the first two years of employment, and annual increases thereafter.
Nurses earn up to an additional $1.00/hour for each certification earned plus a $1,000 bonus for the first certification earned, and $500 for the second certification.
I began my healthcare career as a patient care technician while working towards my BSN. Rochester Regional Health offers a variety of opportunities for nurses, and leadership empowers us to fine-tune our interests and passions, while developing a strong clinical practice.Megan Murphy, MSN, RN, BSN Nurse Educator
I am very impressed with the focus and investment on education and professional development that’s being developed and implemented at RRH. Investing in staff is what distinguishes a good organization from a great one and I’m happy to see that RRH is working hard to distinguish itself as a great regional employer.Benjamin C. Snyder, RN, BSN Nurse Manager
Rochester Regional Health has been very supportive and inviting of any opportunities that I’ve wanted to explore. The opportunities for growth are truly unlimited. As the chair of the Clinical Ladder Committee, I’ve seen first-hand how many nurses take advantage of this and explore opportunities for their own growth and advancement.Kaitlin Costello, RN, BSN, CEN, TCRNClinical Nurse Leader
Find Your Way
At Rochester Regional Health, empowering our nurses as they build their careers is our top priority. If you’re looking to make a change, learn more about how we can help you build a successful and fulfilling nursing career.
Based on your preferences and skill sets, you’ll have the opportunity to pursue the nursing career path that interests you most.
Deepen your knowledge as a specialist within the expansive specialty unit that you are most passionate about, including:
- Acute Medicine
- Critical Care
Kaitlin Costello, RN, BSN, CEN, TCRNClinical Nurse Leader
Help others broaden their skills and proficiencies as a:
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Clinical Resource Nurse
- Nurse Educator
Megan Murphy, MSN, RN, BSN Nurse Educator
Lead the way for other nurses with positions that include:
- Charge Nurse
- Clinical Nurse Leader
- Nurse Manager
- Nurse Director
- Associate CNO
Kristen Oppet, RN, BS, MSHA Vice President, Chief Nursing Officer
Take care of every person at every level by joining departments that require your expertise including:
- Call Center
- Care Management
- Clinical Informatics
- Infection Prevention
- Nurse Recruitment (HR)
- Patient Safety & Quality
- Performance Improvement
- Utilization Review