HOW WE CARE FOR YOU
At St. Lawrence Health, we are dedicated to getting health care right. Our robust benefits and total rewards foster employee wellbeing, professional development and personal growth. We care for your career while caring for the community.
As an Infection Preventionist, your assessment and planning capabilities equip you to develop and implement infection control programs that ensure a safe environment for all.
St. Lawrence Health (SLH) was established in December 2013 with the mission to improve health and to expand access through coordination and integration of services. SLH became an affiliate of Rochester Regional Health (RRH) in January 2021. Working together with our community partners, including local health departments and agencies, we are focused on disease prevention, promoting access to quality healthcare services, and improving the overall quality of life for our communities.
STATUS: Part Time
LOCATION: St. Lawrence Health
DEPARTMENT: Quality Management
SCHEDULE: 8hr shifts
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of previous hospital nursing experience
- Strong analytical, computer and communication skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Evaluation & Identification. Conduct hospital surveillance for hospital/community acquired infections among patients and staff; monitor and evaluate patient care activities to identify methods, techniques, equipment, supplies, new products or specific procedures which may constitute an infection risk
- Data & Review. Review positive microbiology reports and selected patient charts to summarize pertinent clinical and laboratory data; prepare monthly statistical summary of hospital infections that is reviewed by the Infection Control Committee; collect and enter data necessary for JCAHO clinical indicators; examine employee infections/exposure report forms upon receipt to determine necessary follow up
- Infection Control. Assist all medical, nursing and ancillary staff in controlling the spread of infection within the hospital; identify and communicate epidemiologic variations in the level of disease and develop appropriate measures for prevention and control; notify state or county health department of specific communicable diseases within 24 hours of identification by the clinical microbiology laboratory
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS S - Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS BLS - Basic Life Support - American Heart Association (AHA); RN - Registered Nurse - New York State Education Department (NYSED)
Pay Range $77,000.00 - $94,150.00
The listed base pay range is a good faith representation of current potential base pay for successful applicants. It may be modified in the future. Pay is determined by factors including experience, relevant qualifications, specialty, internal equity, location, and contracts.