The nurse aid works under the direct supervision of licensed nursing staff to provide direct patient care in accordance with established hospital policies, procedures and protocols.
LOCATION:Canton Potsdam Hospital
DEPARTMENT:Medical Surgery & Observation
SCHEDULE:7.5 Hour, Days
- Up to a $2000 sign on bonus (new hires)
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible scheduling,
- Advancement opportunities
- Employee Referral Program
- Performs and documents direct comprehensive, family and patient centered care under the direct supervision of licensed nursing staff.
- Provides world class customer service to patients and families.
- Reports patient conditions directly to licensed nursing staff to achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Maintains a safe and clean patient and family centered environment.
- Preferred: New York State nurse aid certification, current BLS on hire.
- Required: No experience required.
- Preferred: Previous experience as a New York State certified nurse aid.
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, reaching, squatting, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate therapeutic equipment.
- Ability to interact with others by vision, feel, observation of verbal and non-verbal behavior, listening/hearing and verbal communication.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.