Ensures comprehensive, efficient health care through planning, directing and providing care within a multidisciplinary health team. To direct the care of patients utilizing the Advanced Practice Nursing Process of assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation. To maintain accountability to hospital, state, and federal regulations, and professional standards regarding activities, documentation and collaboration requirements.
- Demonstrates in-depth advanced knowledge of current professional nursing theory, practice, techniques in area of specialty.
- Interprets and evaluates written standards relevant to services within area of practice.
- Monitors, reviews, and implements current nursing practice in light of changing concepts, methods, techniques and written standards of care.
- Demonstrates advanced nursing physical assessment skills.
- Initiates and interprets laboratory tests, x-rays, and other diagnostic tests as appropriate.
- Identifies differential diagnoses and prioritizes patient health needs.
- Discriminates between normal and abnormal findings.
- Establishes a plan of patient care.
- Seeks consultation with other health team members as . (NPs are full scope at RRH and do not practice under practice agreement)
- Implements plan of care in safe, effective and professional manner.
- Performs therapeutic and corrective measures within area of expertise in collaboration with other health team members.
- Prescribes drugs, devices and immunizing agents according to policy and practice agreement.
- Initiates CPR and ACLS of patients when necessary according to AHA guidelines.
- Assumes leadership role in advanced nursing practice.
- Facilitates the development of new ideas that affect the department, hospital, and self.
- Effectively communicates with administration, subordinates, peers, and other professionals.
- Facilitates the efficiency of nursing care delivery.
- Evaluates self on a routine basis as established by professional guidelines.
- Participates in comprehensive department Quality Assurance program.
- Identifies and prioritizes teaching and learning needs of patients.
- Attends clinical seminars, lectures, meetings, and conferences to increase knowledge base.
- Participates in the education of students, both clinically and didactically.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS RN - Registered Nurse - New York State Education Department (NYSED); NP - Nurse Practitioner Certification - New York State Education Department (NYSED)