Addiction Therapist IV
As an Addiction Therapist, you will provide addiction diagnostic assessment, treatment planning, case management, and individual/group counseling for clients with chemical dependency. Your knowledge and expertise coupled with keen understanding of the steps of recovery will help to achieve success for your clients.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Greece Chemical Dependency
- Completion of a clinical internship in chemical dependency or mental health, or at least 1 year of work experience in chemical dependency required
- Ability to engage patients in meaningful ways
- Compassionate and empathetic nature
- Extremely organized with an attention to detail
- Assessment. Provide initial and ongoing assessment for clients in order to determine diagnosis and appropriate level of care
- Counseling. Provide individual, family and group counseling to engage and motivate clients throughout treatment
- Planning. Develop treatment plans that are individualized and culturally sensitive
- Education & Communication. Communicate with other care providers and referral sources to increase understanding of client needs and support recovery. Participate in professional supervision and education that supports continuous improvement of client care
Minimum of a Master’s degree required in Counseling, Creative Arts Therapy, Education, Marriage & Family Therapy, Organizational Leadership, Psychology, Social Work or the alike in a Human Service field.
Completion of a clinical internship in chemical dependency or mental health, or 1 year of work experience in chemical dependency or mental health.
For Evaluator Team Only:
Valid New York State Driver's License.
Approved driving record (no major or capital violations within last 5 years).
Completion of mandatory driver education upon employment.
Participation in NYS LENS program.
Rochester Regional Health System is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS S - Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS QHP - Qualified Health Professional - NYS Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS)