Assistant Director, Hospice & Palliative Care - Lifetime Care
Under the general direction of the Director of Hospice and Palliative Care Services and in accordance with corporate goals, this position oversees the provisions of appropriate, effective high quality clinical hospice and home care programs according to State and Federal regulations, and the mission of the agency.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Winton Road - Lifetime Care
DEPARTMENT: Home Care
- Assists in the oversight and administration of the agency’s hospice and palliative care services paying particular attention to services provided at the general inpatient level of care.
- Maintains oversight of and ensures the provision of superior clinical care to patients and families served by the Hildebrandt Hospice Care Center.
- Ensures the provision of superior services and excellent care coordination for patients served by the hospice team at various hospitals assuring all contractual and regulatory obligations are met.
- Maintains and applies knowledge of state and federal hospice regulations as well as applicable Life Safety and Fire Safety regulations.
- Monitors and/or designates appropriate personnel to monitor corporate compliance requirements of the agency in accordance with all federal, state, and local regulations related to delivery of health care services and personnel.
- Participates in process improvement activities and in the development of policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Participates in the On Call rotation.
- Must be an RN, BSN preferred with a minimum of five years of nursing experience; three years in a supervisory role in the Health Care environment. Experience in hospice or palliative care preferred.
- Must be able to travel across counties including but not limited to Monroe, Wayne, and Seneca with primary location in Rochester
- Must exhibit exceptional management and communication skills.
- Knowledge of the principles of administration and professional standards for patient care delivery in the home setting is essential.
- Advanced skills in personnel management and public relations are necessary.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.