Associate Director, Clinical Pharmacy Services
Responsibilities include development and oversight of pharmaceutical care based programs, including all aspects of drug therapy with ultimate goal being the achievement of optimal clinical outcomes as well as achieving the best pharmacoeconomic course of therapy for all patients.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Rochester General Hospital
- Pharm.D degree; preferably with a residency or fellowship training, or equivalent.
- Five (5) years of clinical experience in a hospital setting.
- Management experience a plus.
- Maintain the necessary level of professional knowledge and technical proficiency in areas of functional responsibility; including maintaining state required continuing education.
- Works collaboratively with physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and other health care professionals and staff within the hospital and the system to identify strategic clinical pharmacy initiatives related to drug utilization, clinical quality, and safety.
- Identifies and coordinates the development and implementation of drug-related clinical programs.
- Identifies and coordinates staffs' clinical development.
- Coordinates the Pharmacy and Therapeutics committee
- Supervises a team of Pharmacist Specialists and Clinical Pharmacists.
- Director of the PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency program.
- Work closely with other Pharmacy Department Leaders on clinical, safety, operational, procedural, and regulatory matters.
- Supervises all aspects of the clinical pharmacy program and evaluates the progress of the program.
- Works closely with local schools of pharmacy leadership and faculty.
- Maintains an environment that respects culture, economic, ethnic, and life style diversity of patients, visitors, and staff.