Certified Respiratory Therapist
Provide assessment, therapy, equipment, assistance, education, and problem resolution to all customers at Unity Heath System during assigned shift in all aspects of respiratory care. Provide superior customer service by modeling the Brand Promise and Core Values.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Unity Hospital
DEPARTMENT: STM Sleep Center
- AAS or advanced degree in respiratory therapy program is required.
- Pulmonary Only: Minimum 3 years respiratory therapy experience.
- 1 year pulmonary function testing experience preferred.
- NYS License as a Respiratory Therapy Technician (RTT) required.
- CRT credential per NBRC required.
- Possess, maintain, and deliver high clinical standards in the assessment, administration, education, and observation of respiratory therapy as ordered by Providers.
- Demonstrates continued competency on all current respiratory therapy modalities and equipment.
- Actively participate in current and continuing education and development of respiratory care. Actively participate in regularly scheduled intradepartmental meetings.
- Respiratory Only: Assist in expansion of clinical care policies, procedures, and protocols. Provides consistency in the application of those objectives. Actively participate and support department improvement, expansion, growth, objectives, and goals.
- Respiratory Only: Supports respiratory rotations and clinical observations from multiple agencies and disciplines, including but not limited to respiratory, nursing, emergency response, exploring, and high school programs.
- Respiratory Only: Supports the on-going evaluation, in-servicing, and purchasing of both new and existing equipment and supplies, providing input into departmental selection and function to ensure appropriate usage, inventory, and cost effectiveness.
- Respiratory Only: Responsible to actively serve and participate in one intradepartmental respiratory committee. Participates on other committees as requested by Respiratory Leadership.
- Pulmonary Only: Effectively triages phone calls from patients and referring physicians. Coordinate care with other providers (including DME providers), diagnostic, treatment, and rehabilitation services.
- Pulmonary Only: Greets patients, collects pertinent information (including CPAP performance and compliance data for sleep medicine patients), and prepares them for examination by the medical providers. Effectively and efficiently conducts pulmonary function and other testing consistent with scope of practice, training and experience.
- Pulmonary Only: Provides patients with prescribed equipment and supplies; facilitates CPAP therapy with durable medical equipment (DME) providers, and provides related patient / family education regarding use. Provides patient / family education regarding pulmonary diseases, sleep disorders, testing, treatments, and behavior modification.
- Pulmonary Only: Supports clinical activities of the practice which include but are limited to; meeting with CPAP equipment representatives regarding new and updated equipment, maintaining supplies inventories, and checking / maintaining equipment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS CRT - Certified Respiratory Therapist - The National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC); RTT - Respiratory Therapy Technician - New York State Education Department (NYSED)