Clinical Specialist - Diabetes Educator (Certified) - Up to $5,000 Sign On!
The Clinical Specialist - Diabetes Educator is responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of Diabetes programs, and staff education in the care of Diabetes clients at Lifetime Care. This responsibility includes participation in the screening of employment applicants, orientation, education, and evaluation of specialty nursing staff, and ensuring that quality patient care is delivered efficiently. Also provides clinical nursing leadership in area of specialty to Lifetime Care professional staff.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Winton Rd Lifetime Care
DEPARTMENT: Home Care
- Completion of an accredited program of professional nursing studies; BSN preferred.
- A valid NY RN license is required.
- Diabetes Educator Certification required.
- Must demonstrate ongoing participation in educational opportunities prepared for National Certification Board Diabetes Educators exam every five years.
- Ability to travel and valid NYS driver’s license required.
- Must demonstrate solid interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Basic computer skills are necessary.
- Provides consultation to the patients/PCG staff who is participating in the delivery of care for management to the high-risk Diabetes clients, and to the generalist whom is caring for the less complicated Diabetes Patient.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of current operational policies and procedures related to Diabetes programs.
- Participates in the screening process of nursing candidates for employment.
- Responsible for development and implementation of orientation, education, and training activities for agency regarding Diabetes management of persons/PCG
- Collaborates with the Quality Management staff to design, monitor, and evaluate the continuous quality improvement process, and risk management components of the clinical program. Conferences, joint visits with, and convenes specialty team on a monthly basis to evaluate and update program.
- A willingness to participate in research projects based on data generated from the continuous quality improvement program and clinical observations.
- Educate the nurse generalists and health team members about technical, cognitive, and clinical developments emerging for the home care client.
- Act as liaison with the medical community at large regarding Lifetime Care Diabetes Nursing programs.
- Explore opportunities to assist PCP’s in opportunities for delivering Diabetes management to patients.
- Perform direct care and documentation for select clients and caregivers that require specialist expertise and meets specified productivity.
- Maintains current clinical knowledge in areas of Diabetes Nursing.
- Participates on agency committees that are assigned.
- Manage and evaluate the care deficit in complex cases.
- Consult with staff and clients on ethical issues related to treatment and self-determinism.
- Participates in the development of a multidisciplinary and interorganizational plan of service in order to provide appropriate patient assignment to the PHV.
- Participates and represents agency in community based, educational based and screening opportunities.
- Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS RN - Registered Nurse - New York State Education Department (NYSED)