Clinical Trials Billing Analyst
The Clinical Trials Billing Analyst is responsible for day-to-day invoicing, reconciliations, and client billing issues and concerns. This includes processing files to add charges to invoices, working with exchange rates, and communicating with teams cross-departmentally to ensure all information provided for invoicing is accurate and complete.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: 160 Elmgrove Park
- 2 years of experience in accounting, finance, or billing
- 2 years of customer service experience preferred
- Associates Degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel preferred
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, planning, customer service and communication skills
- Invoicing. Review all invoices from global laboratories - run all preliminary invoices during each billing cycle, and provide to project managers for approval. Ensure delivery of final invoices to sponsor or Clinical Research Organization (CRO) with appropriate documentation to online portals or via-email. Resolve any issues when reviewing courier invoices with vendor and request credits as needed. Analyze invoicing versus proposals and review any questions with management. Work cross-departmentally to resolve pricing and invoicing discrepancies. Review for payment all referral laboratory invoices pertaining to Clinical Trials’ protocols and work with CTSA to resolve any questions.
- Data Entry & Reconciliation. Maintain an up-to-date billing database identifying terms, handling fees, and contact information. Update a check-off list and bill all extraneous items that are manually imported including frozen storage, shipping supplies, etc. Utilize Excel formulas to process files with billable charges and contact the file owner to address concerns. Apply current monthly exchange rate, categorize expenses and post to correct protocol. Set up new work orders including billing terms in billing system. Process change orders to update billing terms and update PO's. Reconcile studies and provide additional details by line item for client requests. Prepare sales analysis of protocol activity versus bids for sales representatives and sponsors. Apply all payments received to individual protocol accounts, and within ledger system. Submit change requests to develop, enhance, modify and implement changes to Clinical Trials billing software.
- Communication. Respond to client and project manager inquiries as appropriate. Notify sponsor or CRO regarding any and all outstanding balances currently due. Assist with training of new employees. Perform duties with a general working knowledge of FDA, NYSDOH, GCP, ICH and other pertinent regulations, as these pertain to Clinical Trials.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS S - Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.