Clinical Trials Medical Technologist
As a Medical Technologist, you play a key role in supporting patient safety and high quality clinical outcomes through precise specimen analysis, reporting and troubleshooting.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: ACM Global Laboratories - Rochester
DEPARTMENT: Clinical Trials - Chemistry
SCHEDULE: 12PM – 8:30PM Tuesday - Saturday
- Excellent communication and evaluation skills
- Exceptional documentation skills and attention to detail
- BS in Medical Technology or BS in a related Science field and/or equivalent experience as recognized by New York State.
- Prior experience in a Clinical or Pathology Laboratory preferred.
- New York State Department of Education License or Limited Permit as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist.
- Certification by ASCP preferred, but not required.
- Analysis & Reporting. Perform precise specimen analysis and report results accurately, following established procedures; recognize deviation from expected results, analyze and correct problems using scientific principles; complete QC Action Logs, preventative maintenance logs and pending lists daily
- Training & Development. Assist with training new personnel on responsibilities in the laboratory; evaluate progress of training; make recommendations for training methods and content
- Evaluation. Continuously assess work processes and make suggestions for improved work methods and ways to increase efficiency, reduce costs and solve operational problems; monitor departmental reagent inventories