Community Health Registered Nurse - Monroe County - Signing Bonus!
As a Community Health Nurse, you will focus on providing comprehensive assessments, nursing interventions, and patient education to a variety of patients in our community. This promotes wellness with one on one patient care to allow people to stay in the comfort of their own home when possible.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Various Locations Available throughout Monroe County
DEPARTMENT: Home Care
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday Days, Flexible Schedule, No Weekends!
- Graduate of an accredited school of registered nursing, a valid NYS RN license with a minimum of one year’s nursing experience required.
- Two (2) years experience in home care preferred
- Compassionate, independent and patient focused
- Comprehensive nursing assessments and documentation, decisive judgment and professional behavior
- Patient Care & Service. Provide comprehensive assessments of the bio-psycho-social needs of acutely ill clients in their home; perform skilled nursing care and prescribed treatments to clients based on MD orders; provide client and family education in accordance with client assessment and plan of care
- Planning. Develop and document individualized care plans customized for each patient’s unique needs, with support from the interdisciplinary health team as needed; maintain effective communication to convey patient health status, treatment plans and progress
- Communication. Maintain effective communication to convey patient health status, treatment plans and progress; communicate with office and supervisory staff regularly; coordinates client services and/or referrals in an efficient and timely manner
- Documentation. Accurately and completely document client care; document and implement physician orders per D.O.H. and program standards
- Compliance. Adhere to required department and system protocols, regulations (local, state, federal) and education requirements
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS BLS - Basic Life Support - American Heart Association (AHA); RN - Registered Nurse - New York State Education Department (NYSED)