Community Health RN - Hospice & Palliative Care - up to $5,000 Sign On
As a Community Health Nurse you will focus on comprehensive assessments, nursing interventions, and patient education to a variety of patients in our community. This promotes wellness and one on one patient care allowing patients to stay in the comfort of their own home when possible.
We provide a flexible work environment that allows for a greater level of independence – along with long-term opportunities within Lifetime Care and Rochester Regional Health!
LOCATION: Lifetime Care
DEPARTMENT: Home Care
SCHEDULE: Flexible Full-Time Schedules -M-F Days, No Weekends! On-Call Backup may be required.
- Compassionate, independent ,and patient focused
- Comprehensive nursing assessments and documentation, decisive judgment and professional behavior
- Two (2) years’ experience in home care preferred
- At least one year of nursing experience require
- Provides education, care, and support through the end of life
- Provides comfort and dignity through expert Pain and symptom management
- Patient Care & Service. Provide comprehensive assessments of the bio-psycho-social needs of acutely ill clients in their home; perform skilled nursing care and prescribed treatments to clients based on MD orders; provide client and family education in accordance with client assessment and plan of care
- Planning. Develop and document individualized care plans customized for each patient’s unique needs, with support from the interdisciplinary health team as needed; maintain effective communication to convey patient health status, treatment plans and progress
- Communication. Maintain effective communication to convey patient health status, treatment plans and progress; communicate with office and supervisory staff regularly; coordinates client services and/or referrals in an efficient and timely manner
- Documentation. Accurately and completely document client care; document and implement physician orders per D.O.H. and program standards
- Compliance. Adhere to required department and system protocols, regulations (local, state, federal) and education requirements
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS BLS - Basic Life Support - American Heart Association (AHA); RN - Registered Nurse - New York State Education Department (NYSED)