Compliance Coordinator - Sr (Licensed or Certified AAPC or AHIMA Coder)
Mentors and trains less experience staff in the execution of responsibilities, provides support in the resolution of complex issues/questions or technical points. Minimizes risk to the organization by conducting Corporate Compliance audits, investigations and training throughout all affiliates. Guides system administration and RGHS management to ensure compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations; in addition to contract obligations. Acts as subject matter expert for building and continually optimizing the system’s EMR. Work is often confidential and sensitive; therefore requires a high level of professionalism and strong communication skills.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Rochester General Hospital
- AAS or BS in Health Information Management, Health Care Administration, Finance, or Accounting, and experience with healthcare compliance. A combination of healthcare work experience, credentials and/or education will be considered
- Minimum five years of healthcare experience that includes a minimum of 3 years health care compliance experience
- Abides by the standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association.
- As senior member, applies mastery of skills in area of specialization, provides guidance and general oversight to less experience employees and may train new employees. The duties and tasks of this senior position reflect substantial variety and complexity.
- The senior serves as a resource to others in the resolution of complex issues and technical skills.
- Manages projects independently, prepares governmental disclosures and facilitates external audits by regulatory agencies while working with RGHS Administration and Management.
- Coordinates and conducts audits to assess compliance with payer regulations and contract obligations. Audits include, but not limited to revenue cycle (Clinical documentation, EMR, work flows, registration, coding, charging, billing, payments and denials), financial statements, payments and attestations; grants, RGHS employees and contractors for governmental exclusions and payment agreements
- Interviews key staff with professionalism and respect in order to identify cause analysis of issues identified.
- Collaborates with health care professionals to discuss findings and offer advice and education as to how to improve compliance
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
- RHIT, RHIA, CCS, or CCS-P
- Relevant health care related certification with experience may be considered in lieu of above certifications
- Compliance Board Certification a plus