Cytotechnologist (SIGN-ON BONUS UP TO $10,000*)
As a Cytotechnologist, your developed examination and evaluation skills are key factors in identifying disease in gynecologic and non-gynecologic slides, leading to critical discovery for patient care.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Rochester General Hospital
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday (Days)
- Graduate of an approved CT training program
- Four (4) years of experience in cytotechnology preferred
- Liquid-based cytology training/certification (SurePath), preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Specimen & Equipment Management. Screen and evaluate gynecologic and non-gynecologic cytology specimens by microscope; document results on worksheets and in the laboratory information system; assist with fine needle aspirations, specimen preparation and staining; maintain cytology workload records
- Leadership. Make suggestions to improve work methods and efficiency, reduce costs and solve operational problems; promote and support a positive team environment; participate in the planning and accomplishment of goals and objectives
- General Maintenance. Perform and document routine maintenance on microscope(s) and quality control rescreening if qualified
*Sign-on bonus up to $10,000 for Cytotechnologists with 2 or more years of experience.