The Development Associate (DA) is responsible for identifying, qualifying, soliciting and stewarding leadership and major gift prospects to build a pipeline of individuals interested in supporting Rochester Regional Health. In consultation with other development officers, the DA will support the identification of major gift prospects to move them through the pipeline process towards a significant gift. Ideally, the Development Associate will be responsible for raising at least $250,000 per year. Additionally, the DA will develop partnerships with foundation colleagues, clinicians, volunteers, and others in support of relationships with prospective donors that lead to gifts.
STATUS: Full Time
Location: United Memorial Medical Center- Batavia
DEPARTMENT: The Foundation
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of successful professional experience in fundraising, sales, marketing, communications, constituent relations, alumni relations, or related field.
- Must be available to support Foundation events that occasionally occur on weeknights and weekends.
- Complete cold-calls and proactive outreach to secure face-to-face qualification visits of major gift suspects, leading to the identification of major gift prospects, and where appropriate, the cultivation and solicitation of annual and major gifts.
- Cultivate and solicit other prospects as appropriate. Participate in the development of management strategies for confirmed major gift prospects.
- With the support of a supervisor and other partners, execute the fundraising plans for one or more areas of the development team. Focus on identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major gift prospects within an assigned portfolio.
- Develop partnership with foundation colleagues, clinicians, volunteers, and others to develop relationships with prospective donors that lead to gifts.
- Consistently utilize Raiser’s Edge to document all activities, including written strategies, actions and proposals.
- Collaborate with others on the development team to ensure positive outcomes for donors in the advancement of our fundraising goals.
- Manage activities to ensure achievement of annual metrics for visits, asks and gifts.
- Ensure that all fundraising activities with patients are compliant with all state and federal HIPAA privacy regulations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS S - Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.