Dir, Environmental Services
The Director of Environmental Services is responsible for leading all initiatives and activities related to maintaining a culture of compliance, cleanliness, and efficient patient flow by partnering with key stakeholders within facility(s) and Rochester Regional Health. The Director of Environment Services will provide oversight for all regulatory agencies and or their representatives, aligning the various programs, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all federal and state mandated requirements.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Rochester General Hospital
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. Master’s preferred.
- Five to seven years of experience required in environmental, transport or a related field required. Experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Two years of leadership experience required.
- Management of hazardous and toxic chemicals at facility(s), to include: annual updating of chemical inventories, maintenance of MSDS sheets, review of chemical applications, specific departmental hazard education, collection and disposal of hazardous chemicals, maintenance of waste manifests, completion of required permits and reports, and spill response support.
- Over-site of employee training and 3rd party evaluation for all OSHA requirements including procedures and equipment oversight as well as training support for New Employee Orientation and other system/departmental training's as required.
- Oversight for Joint Commission /OSHA/DOL readiness to include conducting monthly inspections to ensure compliance and readiness.
- Conduct job hazard assessments to include creating new processes and recommendations for personal protective equipment (PPE) to minimize hazards and reduce risk.
- Implement a smooth communication system to ensure all staff supports the bed management process.
- Ensures the timely response to requests environmental services and cleanliness needs with the facility(s).
- Develops the objectives, goals, policies and procedures for all areas of responsibility and ensures that the appropriate standards of JCAHO, DOH, OSHA, and other applicable regulatory bodies are routinely met or exceeded.
- Sets clear expectations regarding quality of work, performance, and behavior across all departments and use data-driven results to drive accountability with staff.
- Interviews and hires departmental supervisory staff.
- Determines that job objectives, work methods and performance standards are achieved.
- Initiates and/or approves/recommends salary changes, promotions, transfers, performance evaluations, discipline, staff coaching, discharge, and all other personnel actions.
- Delegates to each supervisor, sufficient authority to perform his/her job function. Develops and implements training programs for all staff. Ensures attendance at all required meetings and in-services.
- Responsible for monitoring and facilitating quality initiatives for all areas of responsibility. This includes measurement, problem solving, and teamwork with customers.
- Helps create expense and capital budgets. Responsible for monitoring monthly budget performance of all cost centers to maintain salary and non-salary expenses within approved budget. Provides approvals for purchases within established guidelines. Develops and reviews service contracts as needed.