Dir, Hospital & Long Term Care Billing
Directs and controls the operations of the organization’s Central Business Office. The Central Business Office is responsible for all billing functions related to the organization’s acute care facilities, including inpatient and outpatient services as well as the organization’s long-term care facilities. In a customer service oriented manner, ensures that all revenue cycle functions related to billing are completed timely and accurately while meeting all regulatory standards.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Riedman Campus
DEPARTMENT: Patient Financial Services
- Bachelor of Business and/or Healthcare Administration, Accounting or Finance degree preferred.
- Ensures all billing related revenue cycle functions, to include but not limited to; billing/account follow-up and account reconciliation are completed timely accurately and in a customer service oriented manner.
- Develops specific objectives and performance standards for all areas of responsibility.
- Monitors progress for each are utilizing quantitative productivity methods.
- Periodically audits accounts to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Prepares weekly accounts receivable analysis.
- Facilitates department’s activities with other organizational departments, customers, and third party payers, as required to ensure accurate and timely billing.
- Maintain appropriate internal safeguards over accounts receivable records.
- Approves write-offs, refund requests and departmental expense vouchers.
- Direct activities related to recruitment of personnel, training, scheduling, performance evaluation, disciplinary actions and termination of personnel, ensuring compliance with organizational policies.
- Evaluate standard of performance of direct reporting personnel, which includes Managers, and Supervisors. Review and approve performance appraisals of personnel assigned to subordinate personnel.
- Conduct Monthly staff meetings to facilitate communication, inform staff of changes and provide training/education.
- Prepare departmental operating budget and monitor compliance.
- Ensures all customer complaints are followed up timely and are brought to resolution.
- Performs special projects as assigned by the Vice President and/or CFO as well as informs them on the status of the accounts receivable.
- Assists outside auditors in performing billing audits/analyses.