Director, Business Development - Clinical Trials (San Francisco, CA)
As a part of the Global Business Development team for Clinical Trials, the Director, Business Development (BDD) executes a strategic sales plan to support the growth of ACM Global Laboratories’ Clinical Trials business. Responsible for achieving annual sales targets by maintaining a keen awareness of industry trends to target and acquire new biotech, pharma and CRO business opportunities and expanding relationships with current clients to maximize sales within defined territory. The Director, Business Development reports to the Chief Commercial Officer (COO).
ACM Global Laboratories' global clinical trials span over 65 countries with locations in Rochester, NY, United States; York, United Kingdom; Mumbai, India; Shanghai, China; and Singapore. Our Director, Business Development will be a strategic member of our Global Business Development team, working closely with our Scientific Affairs, Logistics and Project Management teams to strategically support our clients.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA (West Coast Territory)
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent tenure and experience within the central labs, laboratory or clinical trials required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of relevant experience within sales, clinical trials management or drug development required.
- Experienced user of SalesForce.com preferred.
- Business Development. Acquire and retain high-value clients, including pharmaceutical, biotechnology, device, and Clinical Research Organization (CRO) companies. Drive sales awards from assigned accounts to meet ACM targets and growth objectives. Manage global/international opportunities with appropriate Sales partners at ACM US or ACM Europe. Adhere, respond, and/or maintain various administrative processes and tasks such as expense reporting, employee requirements, travel planning, and required training.
- Strategic Client Relations. Develop and maintain in-depth relationships with client decision makers and influences. Develop effective client strategies to optimize sales results and overcome competition. Provide input and oversee the Proposal/Opportunity process, in concert with the Clinical Trials Proposals, Operations, and Scientific Affairs staff.
- Client Management. Provide routine input on status, progress, and results into appropriate Client Relationship Management (CRM) platforms, such as SalesForce.com. Act as a client advocate and provider of market and competitive information to direct and enable ACM Global Laboratories' capability and process improvements.