Director, Business Development - Clinical Trials (West Coast)
The Director, Business Development is a member of our Global Business Development team focused on developing new business for ACM Global Laboratories' Clinical Trials services. ACM Global Laboratories’s global clinical trials span over 65 countries with locations in Rochester, NY, United States; York, United Kingdom; Mumbai, India; Shanghai, China; and Singapore. This expert sales role oversees new business development for the West Coast. The Director, Business Development develops and executes a territory strategy to meet annual growth targets. Responsible for initiating and expanding relationships with clinical research organizations (CRO), biotechnology and pharmaceutical organizations and liaisoning with Scientific Affairs, Logistics, and Project Management to exceed client expectations.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: West Coast (San Francisco & San Diego)
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent tenure and experience within the central labs, laboratory or clinical trials required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of relevant experience within sales, clinical trials management or drug development required.
- Experienced user of SalesForce.com preferred.
- Business Development. Acquire and retain high-value clients, including pharmaceutical, biotechnology, device, and Clinical Research Organization (CRO) companies. Drive sales awards from assigned accounts to meet ACM targets and growth objectives. Manage global/international opportunities with appropriate Sales partners at ACM US or ACM Europe. Adhere, respond, and/or maintain various administrative processes and tasks such as expense reporting, employee requirements, travel planning, and required training.
- Strategic Client Relations. Develop and maintain in-depth relationships with client decision makers and influences. Develop effective client strategies to optimize sales results and overcome competition. Provide input and oversee the Proposal/Opportunity process, in concert with the Clinical Trials Proposals, Operations, and Scientific Affairs staff.
- Client Management. Provide routine input on status, progress, and results into appropriate Client Relationship Management (CRM) platforms, such as SalesForce.com. Act as a client advocate and provider of market and competitive information to direct and enable ACM Clinical Trial capability and process improvements.