Director, Continuous Improvement
The Director, Continuous improvement is responsible for leading and deploying a Lean transformation strategy and culture throughout ACM Global Laboratories’ global operations (US, UK, China, Singapore, India). As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, reporting to the President of ACM Global Laboratories, the Director of Continuous Improvement is responsible for strategy development, training, and the implementation of quality and continuous improvement activities to reduce cost, improve quality/productivity, and standardize work processes. The Director of Continuous Improvement will coordinate the execution of lean transformation and culture change throughout the global ACM footprint and ensure gains and improved processes are sustained.
Status: Full Time
Department: Continuous Improvement
Location: Rochester, NY or Philadelphia, PA
Schedule: Monday - Friday
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ continuous improvement experience required
- Travel required; must be able to obtain a Passport to travel outside the United States
- In-depth knowledge in Lean/TPS principles, tools and Kaizen facilitation with proven results in at least the following areas: 5S+1, Visual Factory, Standard Work, Quick Changeover and TPM preferred
- Advanced understanding of Lean problem solving techniques and Root Cause Analysis
- Strong leadership skills, ability to learn and apply new concepts and overcome obstacles with change
- Ability to work with and influence others in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills in leading cross-functional teams in a matrix organization; ability to coach and develop others
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategies that support the business objectives including the ability to articulate and measure results
- Excellent project and program management skills and experience
- Continuous Improvement. Actively promotes a culture of Continuous Improvement and its activities and services to others. Identifies, schedules, facilitates and leads kaizen events using methods of team building, data gathering and analysis, problem solving, project management, and TPS tools. Coordinates the development of event Charters and scheduling of the events. Works with departmental management to assure appropriate participation and support. Drive value stream mapping to define “Current State” and the transformation to Future State. Provides event follow-up to monitor the progress of planned improvement implementation to assure timely action, appropriate management support, and achievement of expected benefits. Ensure implementation of visual management principles.
- Training. Create and conduct training throughout the organization (via both in-person and webinar-based) to introduce both basic level and advanced understanding of lean / continuous improvement concepts (dependent upon audience). Will include curriculum and materials development. Identification, training and certification of “lean disciples” or lean implementation leaders throughout the organization. Coach leadership to build high performance capabilities at all levels of the organization.
- Analysis & Analytics. Conduct and facilitate root cause analysis to determine metrics, troubleshoot issues, material flow, project plans, capacity management, facility design and create process documentation. Carry out advanced data collection and analysis for process mapping, develop budgets and cost analysis to determine project feasibility. Uses appropriate measurement, analysis and evaluation methods to accurately identify and document process improvements. Ensure data driven decision making occurs at all levels of the organization.